Well, I successfully rear-ended two cars in my Maxima and unsuccessfully attempted to knock an eighteen-wheeler off I-40 by ramming his back tires with the passenger side of my brand new Civic, all within the month of February. I win-- the self-proclaimed World's Worst Driver, though I doubt few would argue with me once presented with the full evidence.
Other highlights from the month of February involving cars and the Johnson family include:
the replacement of the power steering pump in the Maxima just prior to the trade-in-- $350
the theft and recovery of my sister's Mountaineer, total costs incurred-- $200
the towing of my parents' car from my sister's apartment complex during said recovery-- $200
having to replace the battery in the Maxima so I could take it to the dealership after trade-in papers had already been signed-- Priceless
Top it.
I can't honestly give an actual figure for the number of fixed objects and other vehicles I have hit. With vehicles, the number is somewhere around 5...oh wait, I just remembered backing into Brian Hirschy's car once, so 6. With the exception of Brian, I rear-ended all of them. I've been rear-ended once and had my side-view mirror exhumed by a flyaway piece of plywood, but the majority of my
accidents have been incurred by myself. And fixed objects... one can't be sure. And keep in mind that none of these occurred until college.
So, there it is-- all of my crap--at least in the context of driving. What does it all mean? It means that all of us have crap in our lives that we usually don't tell anyone about. This is me telling all of you out there in the www that I'm a work in progress, and don't forget to ford focus while driving.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well...how do you do?
Post a Comment