or so my arby's cup says.
So, I feel like I was just totally duped. Practically the only emails my mom sends me are weird forwards that she hasn't figured out yet are almost always full of crap someone just invented. Today, I fell for it.
5-ish Things You Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do:
Did you know that cell phones have a special emergency number that will allow the phone to attempt emergency service on other networks? Did you know cell phones can act as a transmitter for remote entry to vehicles in case you lock your keys in your car and the backup set is with someone else? Did you know that cell phones have a magical backup battery that can be accessed simply by dialing a special, super-secret code? Did you know that you can disable your cell phone if it is stolen, so that the thief cannot use it? Did you know that there's a super-secret number you can call for FREE 411 (even though I'm pretty sure Cingular doesn't charge you)? Did you know that your cell phone can act a taser by dialing a special passcode set up by you in case someone tries to mug you in a dark alley? Did you know that certain cell phones have been known to cure cancer as soon as a sick person touches it and dials a special code, while simultaneously drinking from the fountain of youth?
Well, I didn't know it. For the record, I tried 2 & 3 without success, so I wouldn't try any of the others (although the last one sounds believable, more believable than a cell phone possessing magical battery juice). But if you're really curious, you can read the email below. If any of these things were true, don't you think they would tell you when you sign up for a cell phone plan? I didn't think that as I was reading it, so who's the bigger idiot?
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dhr2p994_1t2mnd
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I text the message "beam me up Scotty" and sent it to 411, and I was able to go to outer space and unlock my astro car by keyless remote entry. AND...I cured cancer. All with just one cell phone.
freaking sweet, shelly!
umm..okay, in my defense i hit that publish button before i could take back the "y" and replace it with an "i". sorry, mama jones!
Post a Comment