So, I'm kind of a mess--but at least I'm honest about it? I'm kind of notorious for making incorrect statements and then swearing by them. It's not like I intentionally lie (although I have been guilty of using exaggeration for dramatic storytelling; in my defense, those exaggerations are really obvious), but it's more like I just get confused when I recall details. It happens pretty frequently actually, and James Miller is usually the one who catches it. That's why he's always right when he argues with me.
Today, I did it during my first ever public speaking engagement, while representing Habitat--yes! I love my life! To really top it off, Hot Mama and Rockstar Jones were there. Shelli asked me to come speak at a club she's member of. I came; I spoke; I bloopered. I was talking about our new subdivision we're building and the one acre of land that it's going up on. One Acre?!?! Rrrrrreeeeeled you in. Apparently one acre isn't as big as I think it is. I don't know; I'm a city girl--I'm sorry, suburbanite. Everyone declared that was utterly impossible. I said, "Well, the lots are really small." right...that makes perfect sense. So, I looked at our brochure. Ummm, almost five acres! Geez. But I think I handled it well. I just laughed at myself. What else can you do?? I think it really added a whole new dynamic to my presentation. I think I might do that every time!
On a total sidenote, a kamikaze bird flew into my office and tried to commit suicide right in front of me by smashing his head into the windows. We finally picked him up with a towel and put him outside (for anyone who is terribly concerned about the bird); I think he's going to be okay. It made me think of the Office, and I laughed hard...once I got through the grief and the feeling of my heart being dropped into a bucket of boiling tears.
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Heh, that's pretty funny. Nice to have another potential time-wasting site around
the office, man that show is shady. wait, the american version's ok.
you mean the acre isn't a unit size for textiles?
Welcome back to the Blogosphere Erin. That's right, I used the word "blogosphere."
I like the blog. I love the last sentence.
"i came; i spoke; i bloopered."
-my personal favorite
Poor Poor Erin. And the worst part about her "one acre" mistake...is that half of the people in our club are real estate lenders in some capacity or another (myself included) and we were all like "ummm...sweety...you might want to double check that".
Poor sweet Erin...i love ya!
If it helps at all Ern, I wouldn't have given it a second thought...of course I am the most gullible person I know, and pretty much believe whatever anyone tells me...it's a condition...I'm seeking treatment.
its all worth it, because you just "Rrrrrrreeeeeeeeered" a bunch of people.
Hey, things could be worse...do you remember that one time when we were at Bangkok Cuisine and our waiter got fired?
Post a Comment