Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Back to school, back to school, to prove to Dad I'm not a fool.

"You can't do everything." My mom used to tell me that all the time growing up. For me, it's always been difficult to choose between options. Some people are quick decision makers; I'm not. I deliberate until the decision is made for me. I hate that choosing one thing means saying no to everything else. But that's the nature of choices. That's the point; you have to choose. You can't do everything.

I want to go on the Tibet vision trip this summer with Matt Fries, July 13-28. Just today, however, I found out that I may have to take some prerequisite classes before starting grad school in the fall. I spoke with someone from Denver who said the class they offer this summer, which covers those prereqs, starts May 29 and runs through August 2! That means, if I took the class through them, I would have to move before May 29! That's two months away. In the words of Eisley, I wasn't prepared for this. I was planning on moving after Gennie's wedding (July 7) and after Tibet.

And I haven't even heard from the other three schools yet. CU needs to know by April 7, accept or decline. I also have to submit scholarship and financial aid apps to them before Friday (via fax). There is much weighing on me lately in regard to everything in front of me. I need an intervention, or at least people to intercede for me.

**update: i just received an email from the university of texas--i've been denied initial admittance but been wait-listed for review april15-may1. an email. that's like your boyfriend breaking up with you by slipping a note in your locker. well, God's clearing away options.

8 comments:

Compston said...

I know the feeling of the financial aid deadlines. I'll pray that God will tell you to go to Colorado...I mean, show you where he wants you to go.

James Miller said...

Erin, I'm saddened that you're not coming with us to the ATX, but I'm glad that there's one less option you have to weigh. I hope God gives you peace and wisdom as you figure out the rest of this.

James Miller said...

So...I just noticed that you have referenced me as "chiquita bonita miller" over in the links sections. I guess that's fair being that you appear as "Tank Johnson" in my links.

Cal said...

It is funny how things hardly ever go exactly according to plan...it makes me wonder why we plan so much.

I do want to run around in the grass - or at least have a window. Oh the days of the carpool...

Kristen said...

i'd like to say that in 6th grade i broke up with my bf by slipping a note in his locker.

rachel said...

hey friend, i miss you tons. i found myself reading blogs instead of reading the hundreds of pages i should be reading in spanish, and i came across yours. know that i´m praying for you. praying that God will make His path clear to you, even if it is through rude denial letters via e-mail and that if you´re supposed to go to tibet that those doors would open up as well. i love you! keep me up to date on the happenings!

Taylorius said...

The mind of man plans his way,But the LORD directs his steps. Pr 16:9

I'm sure you've heard it, but maybe not with the utterly unique perspective you have now. The future can be scary. How big is your God? God is love.

Sorry to give you 2 dozen sermons in 3 lines. It's how my mind works. I'll be praying for your future and that you'll be able to have a peace, and not apathy, in deciding. That you will receive wisdom to choose without hesitation and without regret. We got your back.




ps. Man, those 2 Eisley lines you quoted really apply. Amazing!

Shelli said...

PRAYING PARA TU! Have I mentioned that I suck at spanish?