Tuesday, April 03, 2007

2:00 = cookie time

almost every day, between two o'clock and three, i eat one or two (or three, you get the idea) oreos at work. it's a tradition. every day around that same time, i just get a craving for something sweet. it's cookie time. i know, my work days are titillating, aren't they?

there's a guy in my office named sean. sean schneider. say that fast three times. he's kind of an oddity and curiosity. he's 26, smokes a pack a day, and keeps asking me on a date. we have really funny conversations because we don't agree on anything. he recently told me that he was late to work because he went in for his annual std test. scary. he's four inches taller than me and weighs ten lbs less than me.

lately he's been on a "health" kick, although he hasn't given up smoking yet. he's started running and swimming laps and eating about six times a day. he consumes multiple protein shakes and creatine shakes in a day, all because he wants to gain weight. he's force-feeding himself so he can consume 2000 calories in a day, eating only things low in fat because he wants to gain muscle mass. he's pretty much obsessed.

that's my "profile of a Habitat employee" for the week. maybe i'll include something memorable about the deborahs for next time.

this has been kind of a monumental week for me. i sent off my acceptance to the university of colorado yesterday. i told my parents last night that i committed to going to t*bt this summer, and i also will make my first ever car payment this week. that's all i've got for ya.

10 comments:

Kristen said...

grove west here we come!

Compston said...

2:00 at work for me = basketball. Yep. Every day at the 2:00 break, I meet Dave, Vu, Marvin, Jerry, and the rest of the gang in the parking lot for some street basketball. By 2:15, I'm thoroughly wet from sweating. Good times.

Mere O. said...

I want to have cookie time...

Shelli said...

If we ALL end up in Denver, we HAVE to start a home church. I hope that if God truly "calls us to seminary" that he will "call us to Denver Seminary". Please oh please! I love the mountains and all my friends too!

...but for now, I want a cookie!

Polly said...

erin!! okay, i just found your blog! hello, where have you been all my past year and a half life darling?!! i feel like i just got a tiny peek into what you're doing right now. COLORADO?!!! please please please. seriously, erin, do you know how CLOSE colorado is to ME???!!!! we see sam all the time b/c he lives in colorado. AND i can get tickets from SLC to denver for like 120. no joke. just did it to see lindsay porter in ft collins. holy-moving-west erin, i'm so excited for you! sweet, i am going to visit your blog all the time now. i am super excited you will be in colorado. please keep me up to date with moving, thoughts, etc (pedacus@gmail.com). WELCOME TO THE WEST BABY! :)

whitney said...

You are all allowed to move to Denver under 2 conditions (because I have so much say in the plan for your lives):
1. You get together and skype me a lot...I'm talking like once a week.
2. You gently remind me that you're also freezing your butts off in the winter when I complain about the weather in T.bet.

That's all...Erin, I am so pumped about this summer! I'm glad our parents haven't disowned us, that I get to travel around the world with you and the Joneses, and that you're going to be there when I'm first getting settled in my new home!

Taylorius said...

Careful. There are avalanches in Colorado.

Cal said...

Great post. Monumental weeks are so crazy.

taylorius said...

...the viewers demand more pictures. it's true.

Compston said...

I'm here to tell you that it's been 10 days since your last post. This blog is quickly becoming like the last one.