Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Villa Mairea

In honor of all the excitement building in me at the thought of architecture school (and dread of the work load), I'm posting some sketches and pictures of one of my favorite buildings from History of Architecture (taught by the famous Ethel Goodstein-Myers). This one was designed by the Finnish architect Alvar Aalto. I LOVE Scandinavian architecture. Enjoy!












4 comments:

Compston said...

Ok, so the posting is back in full swing. First, the story in your previous post is incredible. That has to be an answer to years of prayer in a way. Second, scandanavian architecture? I thought you wanted to do something with your life!

Kristen said...

stephen, don't be rude. he didn't mean that erin, you can do whatever you want with your architecture, as long as it's in india.

erinelizabeth said...

i can't believe i'm going to have to put up with living near you two for another couple of years...at least!

Polly said...

when are you moving?!