Let's talk about this because I don't think anyone (especially me) realizes how soon I am leaving NWA. I am moving back to Memphis after Gennie and Brian's wedding, July 7! So, if any of you were contemplating skipping their wedding, you may want to rethink that because it might be the last time I see you if you're not around when I get back from China. I'll be at home for a few days, and then come back up here to fly to Beijing July 13. I get back from China July 28, and I'll spend a few days here to say goodbye to everyone (by the way, I'll need a place to stay during that time...) before I go to Memphis, pack up my stuff, and drag my parents across the country to help me move into my new, currently non-existent apartment.
Is this scaring anyone else? Well, probably not because you're not thinking about how I don't have a job or apartment lined up in Denver yet. But is this making anyone else really sad? I keep saying that I don't want to think about it yet, but it's two months away. I have to think about it because I have to make plans to move. Even though I don't want to stay in NWA for the rest of my life and always go to the Grove and work at some architecture firm and live my perfectly safe life, I still, in my mind, find myself asking why we can't have community group stay as it is. I know that's impossible, but I guess I'm saying, "Thanks for a great year. Thanks for standing beside me. I love you all more than you know. And I think we should seriously look into retiring all together in a farming commune somewhere." Think about it.
Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I would like to be the first to say, "I'll miss you like peanut butter misses jelly, or like salsa misses chips. You know what though...I really think God placed all of us into each of our lives for a reason, and I honestly don't think this will be the last time we'll be in community together. Now, I leave you with a some lyrics out of a song from the Disney movie Newsies:
"Open the gates and seize the day
Don't be afraid and don't delay
Nothing can break us
No one can make us
Give our rights away
Arise and seize the day"
...tear
Ah...Newsies, a classic movie, and one of Christian Bale's first. I'm actually a not-so-closet, huge Newsies fan! "Look at me. I'm the king of New York!"
Look. I know you're going to grad school and all, but the offer still stands for you to move to Austin and cook for Adam and I. I'm just saying. It's there. It's on the table...just like dinner would be if you moved to Austin.
I'm kidding. Erin, it's sad to think about you leaving for two reasons. Reason 1 (the really selfish one): it makes me think about my own move coming up in August--which is kind of scary. Reason 2 (the sort-of selfish one): you're my friend and I'll miss hanging out with you.
We've had some good times: community group, pint night, "the shimmy" and so many more. Let's make some more good memories before you leave. I mean, in the end, all we have is memories (cue cheesy film score).
let me just say, if you were planning on skipping my wedding, that sucks.
erin, i'm just in denial of you moving.
let me just say that I just realized how completely self-centered this post was--yuck! i'm sorry i'm such a jerk. everyone should make every attempt to be at gennie and brian's wedding even if it is out of town because we should be there to celebrate the marriage of two people we love. i suck!
finally someone else interested in moving to a commune, i've been gunning for that all along. and erin, i'm scared too, we can pee our pants together, while looking at the mountains.
ok that what a really weird statement, but i'm glad we'll still be close.
I'll miss you like a margarita misses salt (but only Mere's mom's margarita's, because they're really good).
And Erin, we can pee our pants together too..not only because it's scary that we're both going through crazy transitions, but because we both have small bladders and will (hopefully) be on the sleeper bus all the way to Y.S. Get ready to create great memories between now and July 28th!
Post a Comment