Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Miss Adventured

subtitled, "Have Some Reading Material, Mr. Compston"

Okay, so I haven't posted in over two months; I've picked up on the less-than-subtle hints. The last three months have been a definitive whirlwind--full of building new relationships, investing in old ones, finishing up chapters, preparing to begin new ones, packing, boxes, saying goodbye in stages, weddings and lots and lots of traveling. Most everyone who reads my blog (or used to, I should say) is pretty intimately connected to the details in between.

As someone who hasn't exactly felt "stable" in the physical sense in about 8 months, I've been thinking alot about the idea of home and the need for a sense of place. Living with the Davises was really interesting at times and mostly alot of fun, but it was a really temporary place that I of course never felt settled in. Since the Hirschy's wedding, I've been living out of my car and a couple of suitcases. During the recent trip I just returned from, everyone kept talking about looking forward to sleeping in their own bed. That sounded great to me, too, only I don't have my own bed. I haven't slept in my own bed since I moved out of the duplex with my lovely roomies.

I say all of this to say this: even though moving to Denver means saying goodbye to the people (outside of my family and s couple good friends) I love most in this world, I'm looking forward to the new place, new beginning and the chance to finally settle in for a while. I'm going to have my own bed. I'm going to have my own kitchen. I'm not going to have a roommate--alright, that part sucks. Here I go! Please, come visit me.

On a complete sidenote, I'm going to Rogers today with Adam to eat lunch with Lonnie and check out one of his jobs he's working on. For any of you that know Adam's stepdad, it's going to be a really good time. I'm pretty excited about it. Stay tuned for some tales from afar (about my trip, that is; I promised some posts about my travels).

5 comments:

Compston said...

Lunch with Lonnie is sure to be fun and sarcasm filled. Plasma saturdays are going to be fun. VIVA COLORADO!

Kristen Compston said...

it's about damn time you posted. well done johnson.
(i just blanked on which spelling of damn was right- damn or dam- and i looked at urban dictionary to make sure i was using the right one. i need to bruch up on my spelling of obsenities.)

James Miller said...

This is more of a comment on Kristen's comment. It's spelled o-b-s-C-e-n-i-t-i-e-s.

Kristen Compston said...

i never claimed to be a good speller mr. english major. in the social work department we spell it any way we want!

Stu said...

Eej, it's good to know you're not dead in the blog world. You simply must blog more when you move so I can actually keep up. Call me about the taqueria tour you want to go on. Viva Espringdale!