Sunday, August 19, 2007

Okay, I'm ready to come home now...























I had a really fantastic weekend and close to my week. After a four-day workshop Monday through Thursday, which ended in a really encouraging critique, I went to Boulder with the Compstons for Steve's birthday Thursday night. We had dinner and then hung out at their new apartment, where I ended up spending the night. Then early Friday morning, I picked up my dear friend Polly from the airport. Friday and Saturday were great days for us to catch up on life, explore Denver and Boulder a little, get my nose pierced (yeah, I got my nose pierced finally after four years of wanting it; pictures will soon follow), and cook awesome food. Saturday night, the Compstons, Polly and Lindsay Porter (one of Polly's best friends and a girl who will be starting at Denver seminary soon- yay!) and myself all hung out here in my little one bedroom. Poor Stephen. One guy, four girls--yikes!
It was so fun to have deep meaningful conversations with Polly again and to have so many people in my apartment as opposed to just me. Polly left early this morning and Lindsay and walked and explored from one end of the 16th St mall to the other. All-in-all, a really fun weekend. So, what's with the sad title?? Well, I checked my email at 4 this afternoon, and my dad had emailed me pictures from when they were here that I hadn't looked at yet. I completely forgot that he had documented my "goodbyes" at my last Grovefest. When I opened it and saw the picture of Adam and Mere first, I lost it. I cried and cried as I scrolled through those pictures, missing my friends, missing my boyfriend, missing Fayetteville, missing the Grove. It felt like the scene in "Big" when Tom Hanks' best friend drops him off in that temporary apartment and all he can hear is gunfire and ambulances, and he just lays on the bed and cries. Okay, it's not that bad, but I do hear a lot of sirens. And there are more than just a few sketchy characters in my neighborhood. I just want Shelli and Gennie and Meredith to show up on my doorstep and never leave!!! And I want Whitney to come back from Tibet, and I want Adam and James and Justin and Stu and everyone else at the Grove to move to the Denver area. Do you think we can make all that work?? Then we can truly have the much-anticipated (at least by the Compstons and myself) Grove West church plant. It'll be fantastic--at least in my mind!
I can't call Mere or Gennie or anyone in Fayetteville because you're all at church right now. And Kristen and Stephen are hanging out with her parents. And I've already cried on the phone with Adam once, and I'm pretty sure he's at church too. So, I'm blogging. Maybe I'll end by saying thanks because for someone to feel this sad about leaving a place means that there were lots of people there that made it feel like home. I miss you guys. I love you. I'm crying again. Crap! If you're looking for a really fun/kind of shady place to visit, there's a blow-up mattress and good food waiting for you at 1180 Sherman St. #106 Denver, Colorado 80203. Come on by!
ps- Shelli, I need more of that face in my life!

2 comments:

*g* said...

now i can send you a funny postcard.

miss you. love you.

Mere O. said...

Well, last night at church the T.bet team shared about the trip, and they put up a picture of you, whit and shelli...that was bad enough. Then to top it off they played, " and this might could be, the most impossible thing..." I smiled, laughed and teared up at the same time...you are missed. I'm going to give you a call this week for sure!!